You’re thinking about putting a plan in place so that when you encounter the unexpected, you are prepared. Perhaps you have a specific goal in mind, like saving for college tuitions, planning for medical needs or making a charitable gift. Or maybe you’re looking for guidance in the wake of a loved one’s passing.
Trusts are often used to meet estate and tax planning goals. For example, a testamentary trust (established by your will), can serve a number of functions, including avoiding guardianship requirements associated with transferring property to minors or incapacitated persons, help manage your investments and minimize tax consequences. Our attorneys are versed in all aspects of trusts, from creation and administration to funding.
We also regularly represent clients in all facets of estate administration — the process by which a deceased person’s assets are collected, maintained, and distributed among creditors, heirs and beneficiaries according to the person’s will and applicable laws. Whatever your needs are in this area, we will help you achieve peace of mind knowing that you have planned ahead.
Our estates and trusts services include:
- Preparation, review and revision of wills
- Health care proxy and power of attorney
- All aspects of both revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Trusts for medical needs, educational expenses or charitable purposes
- Estate administration, including proving a will after the client’s passing
- Estate tax return preparation, including fiduciary income tax returns for estates and trusts and the decedent’s final tax return